A game-changer in iron cookware!
We're so excited to finally launch Quenched™ in Australia!
Until now, our AUS-ION™ pans were sold Raw or with a Satin finish (lightly pre-seasoned), ready for your at-home seasoning. With Quenched™, we've done the oven seasoning for you. Your Quenched™ pans will come with a strong black seasoning foundation, so you can get cooking straight away. It's never been easier to make the switch to healthy, sustainable iron cookware!
Quenched™ seasoning involves sandblasting each skillet, then heating to a precise temperature, before quickly dunking it in a chilled tank of rice bran oil (one of the best oils for seasoning). The oil is instantly transformed, into a strong inert, non-toxic, natural cooking surface. Start cooking straight away, or do a little extra stovetop seasoning to achieve a non-stick surface, FAST!
Dunking a hot pan into cold oil creates turbulence, which can result in some colour variations on the pan. Remember, this is real, natural seasoning, not a synthetic coating!
24cm Formed-iron Crêpe Pan
Dual role: excels in the French crêpe tradition, and American flat griddle tradition for cooking almost anything to perfection where liquid-retaining walls aren’t required. Thick 4mm for very even heating.
30cm Formed-iron Skillet
Our new 3mm thick AUS-ION™ 30cm Skillet is BIG in cooking area, for big families and entertaining. Helper handle to assist with big loads, and shorter Love Handle to save stove space. All the cooking performance of our biggest-selling 26cm Skillet.....just BIGGER!
L 58cm, Diam 30cm, H at handle 10cm, H of bowl 5.5cm, 2kg
SOLIDTEKNICS has developed three ranges of innovative cookware: AUSfonte™ cast iron, AUS-ION™ wrought iron (formed low-carbon steel), and nöni™ stainless cookware. All are made in Australia, all are non-toxic, healthy, sustainable, and multi-century durable. AUS-ION™ and nöni™ are both world-first seamless 1-piece wrought pans, with patents pending.
The clean Australian iron ranges cook and season very similarly, like all bare iron pans, with the only known non-toxic and forever-renewable nonstick.
They are designed to work together as a complete set of complementary pans, on any heat source.
- 100% made in Australia from clean heavy-metal-free Australian sheet iron (low carbon steel).
- Patent-pending seamless, one piece, rivet-free construction for improved hygiene and multi-generation durability (warranty is multi-century).
- Broad, ergonomic handle for comfort, improved dynamics, and reduced fatigue. - Heavy venting in neck to reduce heat transfer for cooler handling.
- Efficient and even heating on/in any heat source, from induction to electric, gas, bbq, and fire pits, any oven (except microwave!), while remaining warp-free and multi-century tough, even in restaurants.
- Shot peened & naturally pre-seasoned all over with rice bran oil for healthy nonstick with no stripping required prior to use. With proper care, this natural nonstick will last as long as the pan